Matchstic is looking to grow its naming and verbal branding practice with a dedicated naming expert. This person will collaborate with brand strategists, copywriters, researchers project managers) and designers to create company and product names, positioning statements, and brand messaging to build radically relevant brands across a wide range of industries. If you have 5+ years or more of consistent, full-time naming experience with brands in use in a wide range of markets this may be the opportunity for you to level up your career in a hyper-focused brand identity agency.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a natural ability to create radical and relevant names in an increasingly crowded space.
- Think strategically and express key ideas and concepts in written briefs.
- Prescribe naming systems that are descriptive or suggestive, fabricated or standard based on the needs of the brand and the market.
- Generate a host of names him/herself, but also guide collaborators and clients through an idea generation process.
- Describe ways of influencing others in choosing names that will ultimately drive brand strength and value.
- Understand trademark law in order to provide basic selection and vetting guidance for clients
- Tell stories. Stories that bring the name to life and acknowledge the needs of stakeholders and target audiences.
- Be a collaborative team member that thrives in and brings the best out of diverse groups.
- Be curious and humble, waiting for answers, always chasing the truth, and adapting to the unique needs of each project.
- Be confident and challenging, expressing excitement or saying the hard things for the good of the brand and the people involved.
- Build trust with clients and encourage confident decision-making internally and externally.
- Manage time and details from multiple projects to hit key milestones for clients and fellow team members.
- A natural learner that gets energy from taking the complex and turning it into something smart and simple.
- Present work in an accessible and authentic style that builds confidence in stakeholders at all levels including the C-Suite.
- Present clearly and comfortably both on and offline.
- Will nurture ideas, especially when they can bring meaningful change to a client, the team, or our processes.
- Bring a clearly articulated point of view and process to the naming practice.
- Lead and mentor others to develop as people and professionals.
- Write creative briefs.
- Create plentiful name options using a process.
- Write compelling copy.
- Manage the naming process.
- Maintain multiple naming projects at various stages.
- Design, conduct, and analyze research to drive insights for the naming and strategy work.
- Work with legal resources to vet naming options
- Coach clients on acquiring trademarks and protecting potential trademark options during the branding process.
- Collaborate to define and maintain the Matchstic naming process.
- Perform naming architecture strategy and documentation.
Teach other team members about the strategic and technical aspects of naming.
- Ability to attend virtual meetings with video on
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and listening
- Have an aptitude for being organized and detail-oriented
- Project a courteous and professional image at all times
- Quick Communication & responses during basic working hours (9 - 5 EST)
- Natural ability to follow through on tasks
- Ability to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- 5+ years of experience in a similar area of responsibility
Where We Work
This full-time opportunity can be fully remote, or a hybrid role, based in Atlanta. This may include some client travel (when safe and appropriate to do so) as well as occasional in-person Matchstic team meetings.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Salary for this position typically starts around $60,000/year depending on experience
- Health, dental and vision insurance for US-based employees
- Paid time off
- Company-provided equipment (laptop, screen, standing desk, software, etc)
- Annual education/personal development budget
- Monthly fitness budget
- 401K benefits after 12 months of employment
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We believe that in order to serve our clients well, our team must bring a diversity of backgrounds, identities, and perspectives to the table and see this open role as an opportunity to expand the collective experience of our group. We are an equal opportunity employer that is firmly committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workplace. Matchstic does not discriminate in recruitment or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, orientation, nationality, age, disability, status, or other non-merit factors.
We are strategic creatives and creative strategists having fun doing work that empowers passionate clients. It’s a level of work that requires commitment and follow-through in our work-life. We are learning that you can bring your distinct values, points of view, skills, and abilities from wherever you are. And, we all succeed when we take care of each other.
We’re the brand identity house of the South. Our job is to help challenger brands take their identity to the next level by uncovering what makes them radically relevant and leveraging their unique position to create a compelling brand identity.
Learn more at Matchstic.com